Saturday, November 7, 2009

Where the locals go in West LA

As a student at UCLA, these are a few of the discoveries my friends and I have made -- they're reasonably prices, more likely to be filled with locals than tourists and the food is worth returning for again and again.


Killer Garlic Rolls, C & O Trattoria

-- C&O Trattoria -- Located in Venice, this italian restaurant has a lively atmosphere complete with everyone - staff and diners - singing "That's Amore." Go there simply for the garlic rolls, they are amazing! The menu has something for everyone with a wide range of pasta dishes, salads and other italian favorites.
http://www.cotrattoria.com/

-- Novel Cafe -- The perfect neighborhood cafe - its a great place to relax with a cup of joe, study or enjoy a great meal. They have multiple locations in Westwood, Santa Monica and Pasadena. Breakfast is served all day, and they do it well with fresh ingredients. Though a brunch favorite, Novel also has great sandwiches and pastas for those not interested in a scramble at dinner time.
http://www.novelcafe.com/

-- Tomodachi Sushi -- My pick for the best sushi in Westwood. Its a small restaurant that's been around for quite a while. The staff is courteous, the food is excellent and the portions are generous. My recommendations on rolls to try - Fire Roll, Aloha Roll, Red Dragon Roll, Spicy Tuna Tempura Roll, and the Shrimp Tempura Crunch Roll.

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY agree with the first two. I LOVEE the garlic balls & singing "That's Amore." The atmosphere is superb as well!

    Novel Cafe has suchhhh good food, very fresh as well! I want to try the brunch someday... we should go some time!

    I'm sort of biased on sushi so I won't comment on Tomodachi. I haven't had it in a while so maybe I need to try it again to see ^^

    ReplyDelete