Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chef's Cupboard

A peek at what I keep stocked in my pantry for easy meal prep, snacking and more.

-- Scharffen Berger Chocolates -- A Bay Area chocolatier and local favorite, Scharffen Berger makes rich and smooth gourmet chocolates. If you love chocolate, especially dark chocolate, these bars makes the perfect pick me up. Try the Dark Chocolate Mocha or the Nibby, which has chocolate nibs in the bar.

-- Republic of Tea: Acai Green Tea -- I've never drank tea too often, but this tea has got me hooked. It's a sweet green tea that isn't too strong in terms of its fruit flavor. Plus the Brazilian acai berry is known for its health benefits.

-- Trader Joe's Butter Waffle Cookies -- These amazing butter cookies remind me of freshly baked waffle cones in ice cream shops. They are a delicious snack eaten plain, but I love using them when I make ice cream sundaes. Mixed with a scoop of ice cream, fresh berries, chocolate chips and chocolate sauce, they make a wonderful faux ice cream cone sundae without the dripping mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment