Monday, February 1, 2010

Chef's Cupboard

A peek at what I keep stocked in my pantry for easy meal prep, snacking and more.

-- Starbucks Pike Place Roast -- I keep a pound in my freezer ready for whenever I'm in the mood for a pick-me-up. I have them coarse grind it in the store to use in my french press. My favorite blend from Starbucks, its makes for a smooth finish whether you drink your cup of joe black or with cream or sugar.

-- Trader Joe's Sweet Chili Sauce -- I was so excited when I found this sauce, as it reminds me of the Hula Grill Chili Water, served at Hula Grill in Waikiki. This sauce is a bit thicker, but Trader Joe's is more convenient than having sauce shipped from Hawaii and it can always be thinned down. It's great as a dip for bread, but also works well as a marinade for pork, fish and chicken.

-- Triscuit Thin Crisps Parmesan & Garlic -- I've always been a fan of triscuits for snacking, but these new thin crisps really exceeded my expectations. They really pack the flavor into the new triangular shape. The parmesan & garlic is the only flavor I've tried so far, but they also come in quattro formagio.

No comments:

Post a Comment