Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Try these coffee drinks

While I don't crave it everyday, I do enjoy sipping on a coffee drink from time to time. Here's a few of my favorite espresso drinks.

-- Caramel Mocha -- A combination of a mocha with caramel, its not a sweet as a Caramel Macchiato because the caramel and chocolate balance each other out.

-- Cappuccino Royale -- One of my favorites, its simply milk, a pump or two of chocolate syrup and two shots of espresso all steamed together for a frothy finish. Because it has less milk, its stronger than a mocha for when you need that extra pick me up.
The Espresso Truffle at Starbucks is a similar combination of their Signature Hot Chocolate, steamed milk and espresso.

-- Dirty Chai -- A chai latte with a shot of espresso. I hadn't really been a fan of tea until recently and definitely not tea lattes, but a Dirty Chai won me over. The sweet of the chai mixed with the espresso makes for a delicious combination.

And it may be more of a dessert than a true coffee drink ...

-- Cappuccino a la Mode or Affogato -- Its a cappuccino with a scoop of ice cream or a a scoop of ice cream with a shot of espresso poured on top, but its absolutely amazing. The coffee melts the ice cream just enough to make for a deliciously creamy concoction.

No comments:

Post a Comment