Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Squash & Spinach Strata

Thank you to my loyal followers, and welcome new readers -- after a long hiatus, Chasing Crumbs returns! The past year has been one of transition for me, as I relocated to start a new job. As I adjusted to a new city, new schedule and new people, I failed to post new recipes and recommendations for all of you. But a new city brings new culinary adventures and I have so many to share, so keep reading.  Bon Appétit!

Ingredients
2 cups sourdough or french bread, diced
1 cup diced zucchini and yellow squash, frozen or fresh
1/2 cup diced spinach
1/4 cup mozzarella
5 eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp Italian seasoning

Steps
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine eggs, Italian seasoning and milk, and mix well.
3. In a baking pan, layer bread, zucchini, squash, spinach and mozzarella.
4. Pour egg mixture into pan, making sure that it distributes evenly throughout.
5. Let pan rest for 30 minutes to allow the egg mixture to soak into the bread.
6. Bake for 1 hour, and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.

Serves 3-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment