Thursday, September 19, 2013

Cookie Brittle

While prepping for a brunch party, I stumbled upon a few recipes for cookie brittle. Both however used quite a bit of butter, 2 sticks! Don't get me wrong, I love to bake and I know butter is a key ingredient in many treats. But I'm all for finding ways to make a recipe just a bit healthier if I can manage it. So I adjusted, and came up with this recipe that I was very pleased with. It's perfectly crunchy, and you'll never miss the extra butter. I used a silicon baking sheet liner, it made breaking up the brittle a breeze after it had cooled and also made for an easy clean-up. Enjoy!


Ingredients
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
1 1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup chocolate chips

Steps
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together butter and sugar. (To speed along the process, melt the butter first)
3. Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time and mix well. 
4. Stir in chocolate chips, so they're evenly distributed in batter. 
5. Spread the batter evenly over baking sheet, about 1/4 inch thick. 
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Let cool, then break brittle into pieces.

Serves 6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment